Monday, March 14, 2011

001. Well, why not?

I will freely admit that, when it comes to maintaining a blog, I'm pretty much terrible at it. Having fibromalygia and chronic fatigue syndrome ninja-pounce me in the past year and change hasn't helped. But the people of etsy swear by blogging and, well, I'm going to try. Since I am trying to do at least a little crochet work every day, even if I don't finish anything, at least I should have some small thing to write about.

Pictures, however, will be an issue. I'm not a photographer and rely on someone else to help me get the shots I need to sell my goods on etsy. So while I'll probably include some pics here from time to time, most of them will probably be taken with my phone's camera, so bear with me?

I have a collection of scarves up for sale on my etsy store right now, with a couple more waiting to be posted in my next update. I've been working on using up my cotton just recently, so there'll be potholders as well as amigurumi bears in the next batches as well. And perhaps some crocheted flowers? Or the baby blanket? I think that's going to depend on how long it takes me to finish vs. how long I have until our next good day for shooting. ;)

I am also always more than happy to do custom commissions. These are base prices, subject to change depending on specific fiber, stitch/pattern, and size. Prices go up with higher end fibers and larger sizes, and likewise down should you wish to send me yarn you've purchased yourself if you're looking for me to piece together squares.

Scarf - $15-$20, depending on length. Takes about a week from order to ship.
Adult-sized Afghan - $65+, depending on dimensions and fiber. May take as much as a month.
Crib blanket - $30+, depending on dimensions and fiber. At least two weeks, may take more.
Amigurumi - $8-12 per doll, depending on size. Allow three to five days per doll.
Shawl/wrap - $25+, depending on fiber content. About two weeks.
Hat - $35+, depending on style and fiber content. About two weeks.
Socks - $15+, depending on style and fiber content. Ten to fifteen days.

No comments:

Post a Comment