Thursday, March 17, 2011

004. the return of the socks

As promised, a post with pictures!

This is the one I started on Tuesday (top cuff at the bottom of the picture), but most of that progress was done yesterday on the ferry - this was half way through the return trip.

First of all, I'm loving the colors in this yarn. Even better, it's coming out as a sort of self-striping yarn, even in crochet (most of the self striping yarns I've used don't stripe as well in crochet as they do in knitting). These will be a good winter weight sock, as well, which is extra nice since I'm forever getting cold. ;)

The yarn itself, Deborah Norville's Serenity Garden yarn, color Sea, is a dralon microfiber, very soft. And also prone to splitting as I'm hooking. Sort of like working with embroidery floss, only with more strands.
A closer look at the other sock ... that I may or may not redo. XD I'm such a perfectionist sometimes. Fortunately, this yarn is very forgiven - I've done more frogging and reworking with this yarn than almost any other I've used lately and it still hasn't been any real problem. I think I'm going to have to get more of this in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment