Wednesday, March 16, 2011

003. socks!

There were supposed to be pictures with today's entry, but after a full day out and about, I barely have the spoons to write this entry, let alone futz about with pictures. Tomorrow, perhaps?

So on the one hand, Day's Out mean I don't have the same access to my crochet project. On the other hand, today's outing was into Seattle, meaning a ferry ride each way, a perfect time to do some work on whatever small project I can stuff in my bag. Today that was a set of socks.

I hadn't ever considered that one could crochet socks until I came across a book on exactly that topic while browsing my local library. So naturally I had to take a shot at it. Which meant going ahead and buying some sock yarn, in this case, Deborah Norville Serenity Garden yarn. It feels like this is working up thicker than perhaps knitting would produce, but considering how perpetually cold I am these days, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Okay, I could go on about how this project is working, but pictures really would be helpful, so until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment